Tuesday 1 May 2012

Summer Mini Catalogue Blog Hop!

Hi all. One of the things I love about Stampin' Up! is the team spirit that comes from demonstrators all over the country. The launch of new catalogues is always a great example of this and involves the sharing of designs through a blog hop!

If you have come to my blog direct from Laura  then thank you for taking the time to pop by! Laura's designs are just wonderful. It would be lovely if you could take the time to leave a comment so that I know you have stopped by. After visiting here, why not hop on over to Margaret who has some truely gorgeous cards on her blog. There are two groups for the blog hop. I'm in Group 2 and I've listed the first blogs in each group to help you navigate your way around!

Group 1: Alison's blog
Group 2: Emily's blog 

So without further ado, here is my card that I made for the Summer mini blog hop! I hope you like it. I've used the sketch from The Paper Players challenge #92. I'm loving vertical designs at the moment and I just thought this was the perfect sketch to showcase the gorgeous new stamp set Bordering on Romance.

Ohh, and I only noticed when I uploaded the photo but the flowers are pretty darn close to those on my wallpaper!

The colour inspiration comes from the Colour Coach and should have been Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight but I have run out of DD card so I replaced it with So Saffron, which I think works just as well.





Instructions
I stamped the images in Stazon onto Whisper White cardstock. I then coloured the images in using my blender pens to using the fake watercolour technique. This is a wonderfully simple technique. You just need to squeeze your Stampin' Up! inkpad together and then it will leave a pool of ink on the lid. Pick up this ink with your blender pen and colour in your image. I then added further definition using the marker pen in the same colour and blended it with the blender pen. The whole image is then embossed with the square lattice embossing folder. There is a little pearl in the single flower on the scalloped circle.

Ingredients
Bordering on Romance stamp set (w) 125480/(c) 125482
Card: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Ink & marker pens: Black Stazon, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Calypson Coral
Other: Pearls
Tools: Blender pens, Square Lattice embossing folder & Big Shot, Scallop Trim border, Scallop Edge border, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Emma - you are right, the colours do work beautifully together.
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Emma. it works well with the embossing.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Emma. I love how your wallpaper matches the card !! LOL A xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card to welcome the summer.... Now where is it lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Emma and particularly like the effect the embossing gives to the card. Haven't tried that technique yet, another for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done - one on my list too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and bright - and matches the wallpaper beautifuly :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilted effect with the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need to try this colouring technique!

    ReplyDelete