Thursday 3 February 2011

A month of birthdays!

February is a busy month in our household. Not only is there Valentine's day and my own birthday (although fortunately I don't need to make a card for the latter!) but we also have lots of other birthdays to celebrate. Which is when my big box of stamps comes in handy! I'll hopefully be showcasing some of the cards I've made this month over the next couple of weeks - of course, without mentioning who they are for, just in case they are reading!

Here is my first card then. I love tools that make my life easier - especially when I have lots of cards to make. My favourite tool at the moment is the Color Coach which arrived last week and I'm kicking myself for not ordering sooner! This handy little tool makes colour selection a doddle. You just choose the main colour that you want to use, flip the card over and it gives you two colour combinations to choose from. Watch out for Shelli's favourite dream combos. For this cute cat image from the Level Two hostess set Long Fellows, I knew I wanted to use Cajun Craze. So I found the card, flipped it over and went with the lovely colour recommendation of:

Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Baja Breeze.



I've coloured in the funky cat using the blender pen and ink palette technique that I highlighted at my last Open House. I've then matted him, popped him up on some dimensionals to add a bit of depth and added it to the card. I love buttons and these gorgeous olive buttons are from the Brights tub. You get 72 buttons in 6 colours for £7.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment